Six players — one from each MHSAA classification — were selected Wednesday, November 11th as Mississippi Mr. Football recipients for the 2020 season in partnership with the New Orleans Saints, Mississippi High School Activities Association and the Mississippi Association of Coaches.
The winners were selected by a statewide committee of high school coaches and media who cover high school football:
Class 1A: Robert Henry, Lumberton
Class 2A: Ty Keyes, Taylorsville
Class 3A: Chandler Pittman, Magee
Class 4A: Ty Cooper, Louisville
Class 5A: Jarquez Hunter, Neshoba Central
Class 6A: Justin Walley, D’Iberville
- Henry, a senior running back/quarterback, has rushed for 1,440 yards, passed for 419 yards and accounted for 27 touchdowns for Lumberton (8-1). Henry was Class 1A Mr. Football in 2019.
- Keyes, a senior quarterback, has completed 84 of 132 passes for 1,552 yards with 16 TDs and 3 interceptions for Taylorsville (8-1). Keyes was Class 2A Mr. Football in 2018 and 2019
- Pittman, a senior quarterback, has passed for 1,496 yards and rushed for 682 yards and accounted for 26 TDs for Magee (8-0)
- Cooper, a senior defensive end, has 9 quarterback sacks, 2 QB hurries and 2 fumble recoveries for Louisville (9-1)
- Hunter, a senior running back, has accounted for 1,767 yards and scored 22 touchdowns for Neshoba Central (8-1)
- Walley, a senior wide receiver/defensive back, accounted for 1,200 all-purpose yards, 14 TDs, 2 interceptions and 2 blocked kicks for the Warriors (9-0)
Presentation dates and locations for the Mr. Football awards will be announced at a later date.
The Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi Gridiron Classic is scheduled for Friday, December 4th and Saturday, December 5th at Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium in Jackson.
Past Mr. Football Winners