Step 1: Ask your student athlete these following questions.
If answered yes to any of these questions, move to the step 3.
Do you have any of these symptoms:
- Fever? (have you taken any Tylenol or ibuprofen for fever?)
- Have you taken meds to reduce a fever?
- Body Chills?
- Shortness of Breath?
Have you stayed with or spent any time inside with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID 19?
Step 2: If the athlete answered no to any of these questions, move into planned activity with the following steps:
- Hand washing or using hand sanitizer before activity
- 6-foot distancing between athletes at all times
- Monitoring of athletes showing signs of illness
Step 3: Decline athlete from participation and cannot return to play without the following:
1. Athlete can return to play after 72 hours if they have been fever free for 24 hours and have documentation of a negative COVID-19 test.
2. If diagnosed with Covid-19, the individual needs to be quarantined from the team for 14 days. Before returning they must be 72 hours symptoms free, and have a clearance from a MD/NP.
In a ledger, document student’s name, date they were evaluated, and what signs or symptoms they were experiencing. Keep on file any MD/NP documentation.