Bass Fishing Meeting
MHSAA Office, Clinton MS
September 13, 2019
Our scheduled Bass Fishing Meeting / Teleconference was held at the MHSAA office this past Friday, September 13.
The meeting was highlighted by the presence of National Federation President / CEO Robert Cartlidge and National Federation Youth Programs (HS) Director Joey Bray. These gentlemen made the trip all the way from Oklahoma to be with us for the initial meeting for this sport activity. Kevin Hunt – FLW High School Events Coordinator, Steven Ramsey – FLW South MS Rep, Brent Calcote – Franklin Co Athletic Director, Randy Grierson – Supt Louisville School District & Mark Dillard – Coach, School Board Member & Representative for Louisville School District. MHSAA staff directors and member school coaches and/or representatives participated in the meeting as well.
MHSAA is excited about the interest from member schools to begin our first (pilot) year. Approximately 20 MHSAA member schools have registered to participate and were invited to attend the meeting.
Please find the meeting agenda below, minutes of the meeting are available upon request.
- Welcome & Introductions
- Purpose of Meeting
- MHSAA Handbook: Policy Concerning Sports and Sports Activities
- MHSAA Initial Adoption of Rules, Policies & Procedures (website)
- Student Eligibility / Coach – Director Requirements for Participation
- Initial Year 2019-20 / Pilot Year – Season(s), Start Date, etc.
- Scheduling of Competition (Regular-Season & Post-Season)
- Introduce to Schools: Registration Process & Required Information
- Open Discussion: Input, Questions, Comments
Agenda for Registered School’s Meeting at 10:00 am (Conference Room & Conference Call)