2017 BOYS 4A STATE GOLF TOURNAMENT
NOTICE TO COMPETITORS
Play is governed by the 2016-2017 USGA Rules of Golf and its decisions and where applicable, by the following Local Rules, conditions, and definitions. Appendix I refers to the Appendix of Local Rules and Conditions of the Competition in the 2017 USGA Rules of Golf:
Azaleas Golf Course
1) Water Hazards – Yellow Stakes or lines. Holes: #1, #5, #7, #9, #10 #12, #14, #16 & #17. Bridges are deemed inside the hazard boundary.
2) Lateral Hazards – Red Stakes or lines. Holes: #1, #2 (down left side), #3 (down left side), #4, #5 (left), #6 (left), #8 (left of green), #9, #12 (left of cart path off tee), #13, #16, #17 & #18.
3) Embedded Ball Rule – is in effect “through the green, but not in sand”.(App.I b-3)
4) Stones in Bunkers – are moveable obstructions (Rule 24-1 applies). (App I b-4)
5) Ground Under Repair – all areas marked with white paint, French drains, ant hills, areas damaged by animal tracks areas damaged by tire tracks or maintenance vehicles, man-made stone drains, sodded areas and worn areas near cart paths through the green.
*Relief may also be taken for loosened burlap in the bunkers – ball may be dropped to the nearest relief in the bunker. (App I – III b).
*Relief may also be taken from black mulch cart paths and detour paths on #10 & #18
6) Pace of Play – Players may not unduly delay play for any reason. In the event a player is not sure if his ball is in play or is lost, he needs to hit a provisional. After five minutes or less of searching for a player’s ball, the player must declare the ball lost and incur a penalty of stroke and distance.
7) Suspension of Play – players shall discontinue play immediately when play is suspended by the committee, course marshal, air-horn blast or siren. Players are asked to discontinue play immediately if any lightning is in the area and seek the nearest shelter
8) Results of the Competition – when the results of the match have been posted on the official scoreboard and approved by the Rules Committee, the results are deemed final.
9) Lie of golf ball may be improved one scorecard length in the fairway cut of the hole you are playing – no closer to the hole! Must play the ball down in the rough. (May adjust this rule in case of rain.)
10) Tree Line is deemed to be hazard – Drop the provisional ball at the point of entry with a stroke penalty and proceed to finish playing the hole.
11) ALL putts must be holed out (no gimmies)
12) Rangefinders are allowed.
13) For rulings on the golf course during play, play 2 balls and record both scores. A ruling will be made at the completion of play. All rulings by the Rules Committee are final. All players must exchange score cards. Players are responsible for a hole by hole score. At the completion of play, scorecards must have two signature.
14) ALL spectators must remain on the cart path during play. (Coaches please help us with this by reminding your players, parents, and other spectators) Players may have NO interaction/conversation with anyone other than those in his group or coaches.
15) We want to thank the Dancing Rabbit Golf Club for hosting the 2017 Class 4A Boys State Golf Championships. Please ensure that you replace divots, repair ball marks, and properly dispose of ALL trash.
Collins Billy, Chairman
Format of Play
Individual Stroke Play – Individual score on each hole must be recorded
Congratulations on qualifying for the 2017 MHSAA Class 4A Boys State Golf Championships on The Azaleas Course at Dancing Rabbit Golf Club in Philadelphia, MS. I have listed some area hotels with phone numbers. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Below are some things that the Dancing Rabbit Golf Club asked that we pass on to you.
- Only one “Coaches Cart” will be given to each team for the event. Any additional carts may be rented through the golf shop for $40 per cart per day. Spectator carts may not be reserved and are rented on a first-come first-paid basis.
- Coaches cannot play during the tournament.
- Players are not allowed to hit on the driving range until 1 hour before their tee time. Players may putt at any time on the putting green. There will be a designated area for players to hit range balls. Please ensure your players are hitting from the designated area only.
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017 – Practice rounds will begin at 1:00 p.m. NO EXCEPTIONS. You can call the golf shop to schedule a tee time for your practice round. 601-663-0011. Cost for practice round is $40 per player. You will need to pay your $40 per player green fee for your practice round when you check your players in at the pro shop.
- Wednesday, May 3, 2017 – First round tee times will start at 8:00 a.m. on Azaleas #1 tee
& #10 tee.
Thursday, May 4, 2017 – Second round tee times will start at 8:00 a.m. on Azaleas #1 tee
& #10 tee.
- The pavilion located adjacent to the putting green will be used for scoring and lunch each day. Lunch each day will be for players only.
- Cost for the two-day event for players will be $135. This will cover the two rounds of the tournament as well as lunch both days. The $135 cost per player will need to be paid with a school check made-out to Newton County Schools at the coaches meeting on Tuesday. May 2nd, 2017. Registration will begin at 6:30 a.m. on Wednesday, May 3.
- Coaches meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 2nd at 5:30 p.m. in the pavilion.
- Email me your five players in order no later than the end of the day on Friday, April 28th.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at 601-507-4689. My email address is email@example.com. Fax # 601-635-4025
Newton County High School
Hotels in Philadelphia, MS near Dancing Rabbit Golf Club
Pearl River Resort – 866-477-3275
Dancing Rabbit Inn – 601-389-6600
Holiday Inn Express Hotels & Suites – 601-656-9484
Super Inns & Suites – 601-656-3166
Econo Lodge Inns & Suites – 601-656-3553