The Hernando girls and Senatobia and Walnut boys won their first cross country championships in the 2019 MHSAA State Meet held November 4th and 6th at Choctaw Trails in Jackson.
In 6A girls, Hernando (62 points) finished ahead of runners-up Ocean Springs (67) and defending champion Pearl (81)
In 3A boys, Senatobia won with 27 points. Defending champion Kossuth (72) and St. Andrew’s (127) were runners-up.
In 2A boys, Walnut (53 points) finished ahead of two-time defending champion St. Patrick (60) and Mississippi School for Math and Science (78).
- In 6A boys, Pearl took home first-place honors with 53 points. Defending champion Ocean Springs (75) and Oxford (101) were runners-up
- In 5A boys, Brookhaven finished first with 26 points. Defending champion Saltillo (54) and Center Hill (102) were runners-up.
- In 5A girls, Saltillo won its fifth consecutive title with 30 points. Brookhaven (62) and Lafayette (81) were runners-up.
- In 4A boys, Corinth won its fourth consecutive state title with 65 points. Pontotoc (71) and St. Stanislaus (92) were runners-up.
- In 4A girls, Corinth repeated as champions with 49 points. West Lauderdale (88) and Pass Christian (108) were runners-up.
- In 3A girls, St. Andrew’s (40 points) took home first-place honors. Defending champion Kossuth (44) and Senatobia (87) were runners-up.
- In 2A girls, St. Patrick repeated as champions with 31 points. New Site (39) and Walnut (101) were runners-up
- In 1A boys, Tupelo Christian won its fourth straight title with 20 points. Tremont (83) and Hickory Flat (93) were runners-up.
- In 1A girls, Tupelo Christian won its second consecutive title with 25 points. Myrtle (58) and French Camp (63) were runners-up.