2019 WARM UP ASSIGNMENTS MHSAA SWIM MEET
2019 LANE TIMING ASSIGNMENTS MHSAA STATE SWIM MEET
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2019
SPONSORED BY: Tupelo High School
Info: Coach Lucas Smith (662.213.4457)
LOCATION: Tupelo Aquatic Center
692 N. Veterans Blvd.
Tupelo, MS 38804
Swimmers entered based on results from North/South Half Meets. See MHSAA website for results and qualifiers.
- For schools with 12 qualified swimmers or less, you are allowed 1 coach on the pool deck.
- For schools with more than 12 qualified swimmers, you are allowed 1 additional coach per 12 swimmers.
- Bus Drivers are not allowed on the pool deck unless they are part of the coaching staff and meet the criteria for coach/swimmer ratio per team.
- Fees are waived for coaches and bus drivers.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25 SCHEDULE:
The Aquatic Center will be open for warm ups between 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm for any teams who wish to warm up.
Open warm ups.
*Tupelo Aquatic Center closes on Friday at 7:00 pm.*
- Teams are strongly encouraged to check in on Friday and pay meet fees and pick up Coaches packets between 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm at Tupelo Aquatic Center in the Lobby of the Aquatic Center.
- Only swimmers and coaches are allowed in the Natatorium on Friday, October 25.
$10.00 per swimmer
- Make checks payable to TUPELO HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS
- Please bring checks on Friday, October 25 or Saturday, October 26
- Entries will be based upon the results of the North/South Half Meets.
- The top 6 from the North, the top 6 from the South and the next fastest 4 swimmers from either North or South meet will advance to the State Meet.
- A list of qualifiers will be identified by the MHSAA and posted on the MHSAA website.
- Contact MHSAA for any questions/concerns regarding athlete qualification at misshsaa.com or 601.926.6400.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26 SCHEDULE:
Teams may begin entering the facility at 6:15 am
- Warm Up Session 1: 7:00 am – 7:30 am
- Warm Up Session 2: 7:30 am – 8:00 am
- Warm up Session 3: 8:00 am – 8:30 am
- Officials Meeting: 7:30 am
- Coaches Meeting: 8:30 am
- PRELIMINARY COMPETITION BEGINS AT 8:45 am
- •Prelim Warm up assignments will be posted on the MHSAA website
- Doors will open to the General Public at 7:00 am
- Finals warm ups will begin three hours after the conclusion of morning Prelims. There will be one 45 minute warm up session prior to the start of Finals.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26 TEAM ENTRY INFORMATION:
TEAMS MAY BEGIN ENTERING THE FACILITY AT 6:15 am
- All teams must enter through the glass doors on the NORTH END of the Aquatic Center via the concrete walkway. THIS IS NOT THE DOORS BY THE LOCKER ROOMS, BUT BY THE NORTH END OF THE POOL THAT LEADS TO THE PARKING LOT BY THE JOHN SERVATI MEMORIAL. Prior to entry one coach must report to the check in table to pay meet fees and pick up Coaches packets if team has not checked in on Friday afternoon.
- Teams must enter together.
- No athlete or coach will be allowed on the pool deck without a badge. Coaches will receive coaches badges, athlete badges, bus driver passes and Coaches heat sheets in their Coaches packets.
LIMIT OF EVENTS:
- Each swimmer may enter a maximum of four (4) events, no more than two of which may be individual events.
- Each team may enter up to four (4) swimmers in an individual event and one team in a relay event.
SEEDING: All events will be seeded according to times from North/South State Meets
SCORING: The top 8 swimmers will score.
- Only 4 swimmers from each team are allowed to score in each event.
- Only 1 relay from each team is allowed to score in each relay event.
- Team trophies for First and Second place, Women & Men, Class I & II
- Medallions for top three finishers in each event, Women & Men, Class I & II.
- Medals will be awarded underneath the South Scoreboard.
FACILITY: Indoor 8 lane (M) 16 lane (Y), 50 meter by 25 yard competition pool. The competition venue for short course has two eight lane courses, minimum width 8.5’. The competition depth ranges from 5’ to 12.5’. The short course yard pool setup includes up to 16 lanes, six-inch Competitor lane lines, 5 feet minimum depth with one removable bulkhead.
Equipment includes Paragon Track Start Competitor blocks. Continuous warm down area will be provided. Timing for both pools will be run on Colorado Time System 6, Colorado Aquagrip Pads, Colorado System Full Matrix LED Scoreboard and HY-TEK Meet Manager.
ADMISSION: $10.00 per person
Doors will open for general admission at 7:00 am.
Spectators must enter through the Front Doors of the Aquatic Center and will be given a wrist band that must be worn at all times. Patrons who return to Finals must present their wrist band at the door to gain re entry; otherwise they must pay a re entry fee of $10.00.
In accordance with the MHSAA, swimmers who did not qualify for the State Meet must purchase a ticket to enter. They will be expected to sit in the spectator stands and will not be allowed on the pool deck. This does not apply to qualifying relay alternates.
CONCESSIONS: Concessions will be for sale. Teams may bring in team coolers with water only.
HEAT SHEETS: Heat sheets will be for sale.
- Qualifiers for the State Meet will be posted on the MHSAA website. Questions regarding an athlete’s qualification, times, alternate status, etc. must be directed to the MHSAA.
- To expedite check in, teams are strongly encouraged to check in on FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25 between 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm. If your team does not plan on warming up on Friday, you still may come by the pool to check in and pick up Coaches packets and pay meet fees.
- Please do not mail entry fees. You must bring them with you to the meet. Checks payable to TUPELO HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS.
- For schools who have 12 qualified swimmers or less entered in meet, you are allowed 1 coach.
- For schools who have more than 12 qualified swimmers entered in meet, you are allowed 1 additional coach per 12 swimmer.
EVENTS: 1 Girls 200 Medley Relay
2 Boys 200 Medley Relay
3 Girls 200 Yard Freestyle
4 Boys 200 Yard Freestyle
5 Girls 200 Yard Individual Medley
6 Boys 200 Yard Individual Medley
7 Girls 50 Freestyle
8 Boys 50 Freestyle
9 Girls 100 Yard Butterfly
10 Boys 100 Yard Butterfly
11 Girls 100 Yard Freestyle
12 Boys 100 Yard Freestyle
13 Girls 500 Yard Freestyle
14 Boys 500 Yard Freestyle
15 Girls 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
16 Boys 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
17 Girls 100 Yard Backstroke
18 Boys 100 Yard Backstroke
19 Girls 100 Yard Breaststroke
20 Boys 100 Yard Breaststroke
21 Girls 400 Yard Freestyle Relay
22 Boys 400 Yard Freestyle Relay
Awards for each event/class will be presented under the South Scoreboard following each Finals Event.
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS AND SPECTATORS
- The Aquatic Center is equipped with permanent upstairs seating for 900 spectators. No folding chairs will be allowed inside the facility. Wi-Fi is available inside the Aquatic Center on a limited basis.
2. Absolutely no saving seats or roping off areas in the spectator seating. First come, first serve.
3.All spectators must enter through the Front Doors of the Aquatic Center. Entry fees are required by MHSAA. $10.00 per person. Spectators will be given a wrist band upon entry which must be worn at all times during the meet. Patrons returning to Finals must present their wrist band for re entry; otherwise they must pay $10.00 to re enter.
4.Spectators will not be allowed to enter the Aquatic Center until 7:00 am on Saturday, October 26. Only coaches, athletes, bus drivers, meet officials, security, meet volunteers, medical volunteers and Aquatic Center staff will be allowed to enter the facility prior to 7:00 am, designated by the appropriate badge/credentials or official uniform.
5.No coolers, food or drinks may be brought inside the Aquatic Center by spectators. Teams may bring in coolers with water only.
6.No parents or spectators are allowed on the pool deck at any time unless they are timing or officiating. This will be strictly enforced. Any parent repeatedly found trying to violate this rule will be removed from the facility and will not be allowed to return.
7.No glass is allowed inside the Aquatic Center. This includes glass bottles, coffee mugs, plates, etc.
8.Athletes are only allowed in the locker rooms! Public restrooms are located in the lobby of the Aquatic Center. Family Restrooms are also available.
9.Team Banners may be placed on the stadium railing using plastic zip ties. Please place them so they fall below the railing, as not to obstruct the view through the railing. This keeps the view clear for everyone.
10.Taping posters, banners or signs on any surface of the Aquatic Center is prohibited.
11.Please only park in designated parking spaces. Parking on the grass or curbs is prohibited. Cars will be towed if found in violation at the owners expense. Buses will have designated parking in the north end of the parking lot.
12.No leaning or loitering on the stadium railing overlooking the pool. This will be strictly enforced.