- Eligibility requirements and academic requirements are the same in archery as in all other sports/activities.
- Competition rules from the National Archery in the School Program will be used.
- Archery is sanctioned sport, but not a sanctioned state championship.
- The maximum number of matches per week will be one.
- Practice begins on Jan. 2.
- The first match will not be before Feb. 13.
- Coaches must complete an eight-hour clinic and pass a test to be certified through the Mississippi Archery in the Schools Program. The Foundation for MS Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks will provide certification classes.
- Schools will utilize standardized equipment required by the National Archery in the Schools Program.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list and there might be additional steps in each …