Hattiesburg High has a job vacancy for an Assistant football coach. Valid Mississippi educators license in PE and current CDL bus license. For more information, please contact Tony Vance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 6626474656.
MISSISSIPPI HIGH SCHOOL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATION
Position: Director of Finance
Reporting: The Director of Finance reports to the Executive Director of the Mississippi High School Activities Association.
- Maintains the computerized accounting system – 2020 Sage software
- Pays invoices and expense requests
- Reconciles bank statements
- Supervises posting of receipts and preparation of deposits of all funds
- Prepares monthly payroll
- Maintains the general ledgers and prepares monthly financial reports for the Executive Director
- Prepares state, federal, and FICA/MEDICARE tax deposits
- Prepares quarterly tax reports
- Prepares state unemployment tax reports
- Prepares W-2’s and 1099’s
- Prepares for the Year-end Audit – compiles work papers and assists the auditor
- Maintains Future Benefits of America contributions
- Prepares salary structures, organizational chart, and personnel handbook for the Executive Director
- Maintains the financial filing system
- Obtains bids and order office supplies and equipment
- Assists in proofreading of documents for MHSAA
- Makes travel/lodging arrangements for the National Federation meetings and other state and national meetings attended by the executive staff and executive committee
- Maintains the Postage by Phone (Metered Mail account) and the bulk mailing account
- Reviews financial reports from schools for clerical errors and prepares correspondence regarding any errors noted with assistance from administrative assistant for finance
- Maintains all vacation leave and sick leave on personnel
- Types special executive board minutes that deal with salaries for the executive director
- Maintains a subsidiary sports events notebook of all events and which schools have paid
- Culls obsolete documents and equipment and disposes of it as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Applications must include:
- Letter of Interest
- Resume’ reflecting qualifications and skills of the position (Preference given to years of experience as Director of Finance and Master’s Degree)
- Three references – include contact numbers and email addresses
Applications due by 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
Email applications to email@example.com.
Sacred Heart Catholic School has a job vacancy for a Boys Basketball (jr high and high school) coach. Certificate in any of the following: Health, History, PE, or Science. CDL required. For more information, please contact Joe Falla at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-450-5736.
Kemper County School District has a job vacancy for a Assistant Boys’ Basketball Coach. Must have valid teacher’s license. For more information, please contact Jacqueline Jackson, Athletic Director at email@example.com or 6013451803.
MISSISSSIPPI HIGH SCHOOL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATION INC.
POSITIION ANNOUNCEMENT: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer and reports to a 15-member Executive Committee.
The Executive Director serves as a leader and primary spokesman for the Mississippi High School Activities Association, guides the Association to success in accordance with the adopted strategic plan, builds a strong staff, and fosters a collaborative relationship with the Executive Committee, MHSAA member school administrators and superintendents, professional organizations, legislators and all other constituents.
The Mississippi High School Activities Association exists and is operating as a nonprofit corporation, having been incorporated under the nonprofit corporation laws of the State of Mississippi in 1956. Approximately
246 high schools and 291 middle schools (grades 7th-8th) belong to the MHSAA, which represents over 335,000 students competing in 25 sanctioned sports (13 for boys and 12 for girls), 3 sports activities, as well as, band, choral, cheer, dance, and speech and debate. The Association renders decisions on student eligibility, organizes all playoffs and state championships, as well as manages the licensing of over 3,300 officials. The MHSAA currently collects no membership dues and receives no tax money. The Association operates a $4.5 million budget with the primary source of financial support coming from state championship gate receipts and sponsorships.
The MHSAA’s mission statement is “To serve its member schools by providing leadership and coordination of interscholastic activities which will enhance the educational experiences of secondary students and reduce risks of their participation. The MHSAA will promote participation and sportsmanship to develop good citizens through interscholastic activities which provide equitable opportunities, positive recognition and learning experiences to students while maximizing the achievement of educational goals.”
The Association employs a staff of 13 full-time employees at its office in Clinton, Mississippi and dozens of championship and temporary workers statewide. The MHSAA is organized into eight geographic regions called Activity Districts. Each Activity District shall have a District Executive Committee composed of a president, vice-president, secretary-treasurer and five committeemen. The District Secretary handles administrative and financial duties in consultation with the Executive Director.
A 15-member Executive Committee serves as the Board of Directors of the MHSAA. The Executive Committee shall consist of fourteen members and a President. One member will be elected from each of the Activity Districts, and four members will rotate between districts 1 and 2, districts 3 and 4, districts 5 and 6, and districts 7 and 8.
Candidates are encouraged to review the MHSAA website (www.misshsaa.com) for more information about the Association.
The Executive Director serves MHSAA member schools through these responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and direction to all member schools and staff, and ensures the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization.
- Establishes effective decision-making processes that will enable the Association to achieve its
long- and short-term goals and objectives using the strategic plan as a guideline.
- Cultivates a strong and transparent working relationship with the Executive Committee and
ensures open communication about finances and the direction of programs and initiatives.
- Demonstrates an ability to defend and uphold policy decisions and MHSAA rules and regulations
in a professional manner.
- Works well with the business community and develops corporate partnerships.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Master’s degree required with emphasis on education; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of secondary level school administration experience with proven ability to manage athletics and activities.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with demonstrated writing and speaking ability.
- Well-developed human relations and interpersonal skills.
- Successful team builder who has experience in creating and articulating a vision and moving an organization forward.
- Preference is given to a candidate that has served on the MHSAA Executive Committee or MHSAA Legislative Council one full term.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Zoom Conferencing and working in a Macintosh computer- based environment.
- Must believe in the core values of the MHSAA and be driven by the mission.
- Possess the personal qualities of passion, integrity, positive attitude, and be self-directed.
- Capacity to enforce accountability.
- Think strategically and anticipate future consequences and trends.
- Successfully delegate responsibility and corresponding authority.
- Meet and exceed established deadlines and respond in timely manner.
- Create strategic alignment, develop, and maintain collaborative working relationships while building consensus among groups of diverse stakeholders.
- Experience in budget development and financial management.
- Familiarity with MHSAA Handbook and Sports Information Manual.
- Salary is negotiable and commensurate with education, experience, and abilities.
- Benefit package includes contributions to a 401K retirement program, paid vacation, sick, and personal leave.
- Other benefits as approved by the Executive Committee.
Note: MHSAA employees do not participate in the Mississippi Public Employees Retirement System.
August 3, 2020 Position Announcement
- MHSAA website
- Mississippi Association of Coaches website
- Email member school principals, superintendents, athletic directors
Position will be announced for 14 days (August 3-August 17, 2020)
August 17, 2020 Deadline for Receipt of Applications – Monday, August 17, 2020 4:00 p.m.
August 19-20, 2020 Applications Screening Committee will screen applications
September 8-10, 2020 Interviews by Executive Committee
September 17, 2020 Announcement of Selection by Executive Committee
October 1, 2020 to
December 31, 2020 Opportunity for current Executive Director to work with New Executive
Director (Dates and Time to be Determined)
January 1, 2021 New Executive Director Assumes Position as Executive Director
Submit the following materials as one PDF file to Jim Keith, Adams and Reese, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of interest
- One-page (1) (maximum) description of the top three (3) reasons you should be selected including examples of your successful performance in areas critical to this position
- List of four (4) professional references with complete contact information, including email addresses, cell phone number and any other pertinent information.
No contact other than application materials described above will be accepted.
MHSAA is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. MHSAA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in its educational programs, activities or employment practices.
Nanih Waiya has a job vacancy for a Head Women’s Basketball Coach. Teaching Certificate, Sped certification, c.d.l.. For more information, please contact James Courtney at email@example.com or 601 405 6772.
Tremont High School has a job vacancy for an Assistant softball coach/history teacher. History Certification. For more information, please contact Brady Ramey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 6626523391.
Collins High School has a job vacancy for a Football Coach/ SPED Teacher/Head Baseball Coach. CDL, Biology endorsement, or SPED endorsement required. Must be able to paint, cut, perform minor maintenance on facilities, and be willing to work.. For more information, please contact Eric Booth at EBooth@covingtoncountyschools.org or 6017653203.
Jefferson Davis County has a middle school football position/asst high school baseball open. Please contact Lance Mancuso at email@example.com or call 601-916-4392.
Kemper County High School has a job vacancy for a Head Boys Varsity Basketball Coach. Valid MS Teacher’s License, CDL required. For more information, please contact Jacqueline Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-345-1803.
Kemper County High School has a job vacancy for a Baseball Coach. Valid MS Educator’s license, CDL required. For more information, please contact Jacqueline Jackson at email@example.com or 601-345-1803.
Kemper County High School has a job vacancy for a Band Director. Valid Mississippi Educator’s license, experience preferred. For more information, please contact Jacqueline Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-345-1803.
Independence High School has a job vacancy for an Assistant Softball coach. Secondary English Endorsement, CDL preferred. For more information, please contact Kris Clanton at email@example.com or 6625010180.
Olive Branch High School has a job vacancy for an Assistant Football Coach. Current Mississippi teaching license. CDL or willing to obtain CDL. For more information, please contact Darren Bowling at firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-893-3344.
Mooreville High School has a job vacancy for a Head Boys/Girls Soccer Coach. Teaching Certification Open. For more information, please contact Adam Lindsey at email@example.com or 662-842-6859.
West Marion has a job vacancy for an Assistant Baseball/Assistant Football coach. Must have CDL or willing to get CDL. For more information, please contact Athletic Director Mike McMullin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-441-8676.
Perry Central High School has a job vacancy for a HS Assistant Baseball/Assistant Football caoch and Middle School PE teacher. Current teaching license with PE endorsement, CDL required. For more information, please contact Wesley McLain at email@example.com or 6019640032.
Strayhorn High School has a job vacancy for a Head Boys Basketball Coach. Math and Social Studies Teaching certifications preferred but open to other certifications. Must have a CDL or the ability to obtain one. For more information, please contact Coach Copeland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 6625629246.
Northeast Lauderdale has a job vacancy for an Assistant Football RB Coach. Social Studies and CDL required. For more information, please contact Maurice Gowdy at email@example.com or 601-307-6612.
New Hope Middle School has a job vacancy for a Jr. High Head Boys basketball coach. must be certified in either science or social studies. For more information, please contact Drew McBrayer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-549-4897.