Richland High School is looking for Head Junior High Girls Basketball/Assistant Varsity Coach. Contact is Dr. Marcus Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cyber Foundations 933 Endorsement
Cyber Foundations is an instructional program that prepares individuals to effectively use technology in learning, communication, and life skills. In CF I, students will gain experience in digital citizenship, technology applications, career exploration, and fundamental computing concepts. These foundational skills will not only prepare students for CF II, but it will also provide them with the basic tools for becoming successful in the future workforce.
If the teacher does not have a 933 endorsement, they must meet the following to get the endorsement.
933 Computer Science- This endorsement licenses a person to teach the following secondary courses: 000284 Cyber Foundations I and 000286 Cyber Foundations II
Minimum Requirements for this Endorsement:
- Education -Hold a two-year college degree or higher from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Technology Literacy and Related Assessment of that Competency
- Applicant must validate technology competency by attaining the established minimum score or higher on an assessment approved by the Mississippi Department of Education (MDE). Approved assessment for this license is IC3. RCSD does not pay for this assessment
- Occupational Experience and Related Assessment of that Experience
- Applicants with an associate degree must have at least two years of verifiable occupational experience in the past ten years. Experience must be appropriate to the subject to be taught.
- Applicants with a bachelor’s or higher degree must have at least one year of verifiable occupational experience in the past ten years. Experience must be appropriate to the subject to be taught.
- (Exception: Those teachers that have a currently valid five-year license or have completed an alternate route program are not required to have the occupational experience.)
- Teacher Education Preparation and Related Assessment(s) of that Education
- Applicant must enroll immediately in Vocational Instructor Preparation (VIP) program (Exception: Those teachers that have a currently valid five-year license or have completed an alternate route program do not have to enroll in VIP.)
- Applicant must complete the individualized professional development plan (PDP) requirements of the VIP program prior to the expiration date of the three-year Career & Technical license.
- Applicant must successfully complete a Certification for online learning workshop, module, or course that is approved by the Mississippi Department of Education.
- Applicant must successfully complete the Cyber Foundations Certification workshop, module, or course that is approved by the Mississippi Department of Education. This course should include online modules and face to face training.
Note: If the applicant meets all requirements listed above, that applicant will be issued a 933 endorsement—a five-year license. If the applicant meets the educational and occupational experience requirements, but does not meet all other requirements, the applicant may be issued one (1) three-year endorsement (license), and all requirements stated above must be satisfied prior to the ending date of that license.