Hatley School has a job vacancy for a Head Boys Varsity Basketball Coach/Physical Education Teacher. Monroe County School District
TEACHER – CLASSROOM
Assume responsibility for the planning and delivery of instruction designed for student learning in the classroom and the school.
• Holds a professional license with a teaching endorsement at the appropriate level (elementary, middle, or high school)
• Demonstrates professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with students, parents, school personnel, and members of the community
• Ability to move about in room to monitor students and check work in classrooms with varied seating and desk organization patterns.
• Ability to travel to more than one work location in the course of the day if assigned to an itinerant position.
• Ability to prepare required written reports.
• Ability to monitor and ensure appropriate student behavior, including outdoor activity areas, gymnasiums, etc.
• Possesses high moral standards, professionalism, and integrity
• Plans and prepares for classroom instruction
• Provides a positive classroom environment that promotes student learning
• Uses a variety of instructional strategies to meet varied student needs
• Complies with state laws, school board policies, and administrative regulations
• Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed for an orderly, productive classroom and school
• Encourages the productive citizenship and respectful conduct of students
• Monitors and assesses student progress
• Identifies resources and personnel to meet the needs of individual students
• Maintains accurate, complete records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation
• Informs parents regarding student progress, the instructional program, and other school issues
• Demonstrates positive school-community relations
• Works cooperatively with colleagues, support staff, and administration
• Engages in professional growth activities and demonstrates professionalism
• Identifies needed resources and materials for classroom instruction
• Contributes to the total school program
• Performs other duties as assigned by school administrator
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
187 days per year. Additional days may be contracted for specific job assignments. Salary according to School Board Pay Plan.
Performance on this job will be evaluated in accordance with School Board policy and administrative regulations on the evaluation of licensed personnel.
For more information, please contact Clint Adair at firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-256-4563.