2020-21 Golf Guidelines
Note: This is not an exhaustive list and there might be additional steps in each community to help prevent the spread of virus. Even when taking all precautions, there will still be risk of transmitting illnesses. Everyone should stay vigilant about the health of members of their teams. These guidelines are to be integrated with the MHSAA Spring Sports Comprehensive Guidelines, available on the MHSAA website. The situation with Covid-19 is rapidly changing. Please keep up with the latest from the CDC and the Mississippi Department of Health.
- Golfers have their own equipment.
- If school owned and shared between squads then they need to be cleaned/sanitized after each use.
- Driving range is to be determined by golf course.
- Much of the facility information will come from the golf course.
- If bad weather occurs all should return to their vehicles rather than the clubhouse
- Maximize distance and limit groups on one hole/area as much as possible.
- If a team more than 10 is at practice split up areas and rotate “stations.”
- Keep the same groups each day.
Contest warm up:
- Driving range regulations determined by golf course.
- Consider having a rotation of use to limit number on the range at one time and putting green.
- All events will utilize shotgun start to get all persons out on the course at one time to avoid gatherings in and around the clubhouse.
- If event is scheduled at a 9-hole course, participants shall not exceed 27 participants.
- If event is scheduled at an 18-hole course, participants shall not exceed 54 participants. (Numbers are based on 3 participants per hole.)
- Postseason will utilize tee times. Teams will not arrive until 45 minutes until their scheduled tee time.
- Communicate the details of the event prior to the day of the event. This way schools can plan their arrival and competition with minimal gatherings to discuss the event details.
- At the conclusion of the event no awards ceremony will take place. Record/sign your scorecard and submit to event manager. Event manager will communicate results with schools and delivery of awards appropriately. Set up an outdoor area to sign the scorecard.
- If severe weather delays the event, participants shall go to their car. Avoid large gathering indoors.
- Athletes should provide their own water bottle.
End of Match:
- in lieu of handshakes, please develop and utilize an appropriate sign of respect and sportsmanship that does not include handshake or other physical contact
At the Conclusion:
- Medallions will be given to the head coach to give to golfers.
- Trophies will be presented to the head coach only. A team photo will be taken with the championship banner.