MHSAA STATE BASEBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
PRESENTED BY FARM BUREAU & MISSISSIPPI SPORTS MEDICINE
All Games at Trustmark Park (May 14 – May 18)
MHSAA Championship baseball returns to Trustmark Park in Pearl
The MHSAA State Baseball Championships return to Trustmark Park in Pearl for a 7thconsecutive year May 14ththrough May 18th.
Farm Bureau is back as title sponsor for the 6thconsecutive year and Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center returns as the presenting sponsor for the annual event at the home of the Mississippi Braves Double-A team.
May 13, 2019, 10:30 A.M.
|1||Tuesday, May 14||1:00 p.m.||1A|
|1||Tuesday, May 14||4:00 p.m.||3A|
|1||Tuesday, May 14||7:00 p.m.||5A|
|Wednesday, May 15||10:00 a.m. (if necessary)|
|1||Wednesday, May 15||1:00 p.m.||2A|
|1||Wednesday, May 15||4:00 p.m.||4A|
|1||Wednesday, May 15||7:00 p.m.||6A|
|Thursday, May 16||10:00 a.m. (if necessary)|
|2||Thursday, May 16||1:00 p.m.||TBA|
|2||Thursday, May 16||4:00 p.m.||TBA|
|2||Thursday, May 16||7:00 p.m.||TBA|
|Friday, May 17||10:00 a.m. (if necessary)|
|2||Friday, May 17||1:00 p.m.||TBA|
|2||Friday, May 17||4:00 p.m.||TBA|
|2||Friday, May 17||7:00 p.m.||TBA|
|*If Games||Saturday, May 18||TBA||TBA|
NOTE: Graduations WILL affect the above times of these games.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience as we work around our participating school’s graduation.
*If Games: Game 3 will begin on May 18 at 1:00 p.m. with the first qualifier. The 2nd (If Game) at 4:00 p.m., the 3rd (If Game) at 7:00 p.m. Should there be a 4th (If Game), then Game 3 will be moved to 10:00 a.m. on May 18. If more than four If Games, the 4th game will be moved to Monday, May 20 at 1:00 p.m.
The South team is the Home Team for Game 1 & The North team will be Home for Game 2.
Coin Toss immediately following Game 2 will determine the Home team for Game 3.
The HOME team will take infield one hour prior to game time (15 minutes) and use 3rd base dugout. The VISITING team will take the infield 45 minutes prior to game time and use the first base dugout. Beginning with the 2nd game, NO INFIELD will be allowed.
Teams will enter through the EAST gate on the third base side. Only players, coaches and managers will enter the team gate. The MHSAA recommends that teams arrive in uniform.
The HOME team will use the batting cage 1:45 minutes prior to game time. The VISITING team will use the batting cage 1:15 minutes prior to game time.
PRESS CONFERENCE: The MHSAA will conduct a press conference Monday, May 13, at Trustmark Park, Farm Bureau Restaurant. HEAD Coaches plus one guest of the schools participating in the championships are invited to represent their school and team at the press conference. The meeting will begin at 10:30 a.m. with lunch to follow. Please adhere to the invitation – no players should attend. North and South championship trophies will be awarded at the press conference. Important information will be provided concerning game schedules, travel, pre-game and post-game activities. Please bring 5 copies of your team roster and your overall record for the press conference. Also, please provide UPDATED statistics through the last game. These copies will be provided to our media present, and for television and streaming the games.
1. Air horns, bullhorns with sirens and vuvuzela horns are not allowed.
2. Profanity and vulgar cheers are abusive to other spectators and also a reflection on your
school and community.
3. The use of tobacco, drugs and alcohol are forbidden at all MHSAA event and activities.
4. The above type of behavior will not be tolerated and may cause your team or school to be
placed on probation. People involved in this type of behavior will be asked to leave the
stadium with no refund or re-entry and could be banned from future MHSAA events.
Game 2’s of the championship series are scheduled to be televised – check the MHSAA website for stations. ALL series games will be streamed live on www.misshsaa.tv.
NOTE: Please follow Trustmark Park Rules for our State Baseball Championship games:
• For infield, each team will be allowed the starter and backup at each position (two players warming up at each position).
• The coach running infield will have to stay at home plate (on the dirt).
• No taking cuts in the outfield for soft toss.
• Both teams bring turf shoes & may be asked to help with tarp in inclement weather.
• No parents or family members allowed on the field after games. Teams pack up and exit field area as quickly as possible following the conclusion of each game. Please leave the dugout area as you found it when you arrived.
• No dumping coolers on the field after the games.
• Teams should come dressed to play, the clubhouse will not be available for teams.
• Pitchers must stay on the dirt surface around the mound for the return throw from catcher.