HEAD HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH
- Applicant should be eligible for a full-time teaching position in Greenville Public School District.
- Applicant must have head coaching experience at the Varsity level.
- Applicant must have a commercial driver’s license (CDL) or be able to acquire a CDL within thirty (30) days of appointment.
- To develop and implement an exemplary football program that will effectively provide the best possible education for each student-athlete.
Reports To: High School Principal, Athletic Director, Deputy Superintendent and/or Superintendent.
- To comply with school and school board policies and regulations.
- To comply with school and MHSSAA policies and regulations.
- To work cooperatively with the total staff.
- To relate positively to parents and other community representatives.
- To demonstrate professional growth.
- To be prompt and accurate with required records and reports.
- To demonstrate command of standard English, both spoken and written.
- To accept responsibilities outside the football team as they relate to the school and community.
- To assume responsibility for care of materials, equipment and facilities.
- To assume responsibility for a neat, safe environment for student-athletes committed to the coach’s care.
- To practice and promote positive interaction with and among student-athletes, the school and community.
- To demonstrate enthusiasm for coaching and learning.
- To demonstrate an interest in student-athletes and the overall athletic program.
- To encourage self-direction and self-motivation in students.
- To create clearly defined standards of behavior and academic performance.
- To demonstrate knowledge of the area being coached.
- To demonstrate the ability to adjust instruction of strategy and fundamentals to student-athlete’s needs and interests.
- To maintain an organized football program based on effective long range plans.
- To exhibit evidence of effective planning and organization.
- To utilize a variety of appropriate strategies and resources.
- To communicate fundamental coaching expectations and its importance to students.
- To utilize appropriate and varied coaching techniques and learning activities.
- To maintain an effective system of monitoring student progress and to inform appropriate persons.
- To maintain discipline appropriate to a learning situation.
- To use positive reinforcement and constructive criticism to maintain good student discipline.
Deadline Date: February 8, 2019
Submit Application/Letter of Interest and Resume to: Greenville Public School District
Attn: Mrs. Janet McDavid-Collins
P.O. Box 1619
Greenville, MS 38702-1619
As required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Greenville Public School District does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, handicap, national origin or veteran status.