- Track meets shall be held on a state level for all classifications (6A, 5A, 4A, 3A, 2A, 1A). There shall be a boys’ champion and a girls’ champion in each of the six classifications, but there shall be no overall champion.
- Meets leading up to the MHSAA State Track Meet shall consist of Division, Region and North/South State Meets. The top 4 participants and relays in each event shall qualify for the next meet. On the day following Division, Region and North/South Meets the meet directors shall forward by e-mail the top 4 advancers in each event to the next respective meet director.
- Schools may enter three (3) contestants in individual track and field events in Division, Region, North/South and State meets.
- All entries for Division meets will be done on-line. Only on-line entries will be accepted. Entry fees for Division meets may be mailed to the host school or brought to the meet.
- All Division Meets will be finals by time, NO PRELIMINARIES! Fully automatic timing devices must be used in all Division Meets.
- Division, Region, North/South, and State track meets shall be scored according to the MHSAA Track & Field Meet Management Manual following the National Federation Track and Field Rule Book.
- The National Federation Track and Field Rules shall be used to govern track and field events. Regardless of how many events in which a competitor has been entered, he/she may only participate in four, total events (4-2-2). These four events include field events and all running events including relays.
- Schools that qualify for the Region and/or North/South meets must forward a MHSAA Meet Roster to their respective Region and/or North/South meet directors on the Monday following the Division and/or Region meets. This is a requirement.
- Schools that qualify for the State Track Meet must forward a MHSAA Meet Roster and state meet entry fees to the MHSAA on the Monday following the North/South Meet. This is a requirement.
- Region and North/South meets are not to have a start time before 11:00 a.m.!
- The track season closes on the date of the state track meet and there will be no overall track meet.
- The maximum number of track meets will be thirteen.
- The designated class of the boys & girls 3200 Meter Run will be run between the 200 Meter Dash and the 4 x 400 Meter Relay in all qualifying (division, region, north/south) and state meets. The designated class will rotate each year (1A & 2A → 3A & 4A → 5A & 6A). All other classes will run the 3200 Meter Runs after the 4 x 800 Meter Relays. 3200 Meter Rotation: 2016, 2019, 2022 – 1A & 2A
2017, 2020, 2023 – 3A & 4A
2018, 2021, 2024 – 5A & 6A
Events: 100 Meter Dash, 200 Meter Dash, 400 Meter Dash, 800 Meter Run, 1600 Meter Run, 3200 Meter Run, Girls 100 Meter High Hurdles (33 in.), Boys 110 Meter High Hurdles (39 in.), Girls 300 Meter Low Hurdles (30 in.), Boys 300 Meter Intermediate Hurdles (36 in.), 4 x 100 Meter Relay, 4 x 200 Meter Relay, 4 x 400 Meter Relay, 4 x 800 Meter Relay, Long Jump, High Jump, Shot, Discus, Triple Jump, Pole Vault