2013 Basketball Rules Clinic
The latest basketball updates are listed on the NFHS website.
Rules on Headbands and Wristbands
Rule 3-5-3 Page 26 of the NF Basketball Rule Book
Wristbands and headwear must meet the following guidelines:
- Headbands and wristbands must be white, black, beige or a single solid color similar to the torso of the jersey and must be the same color for each item and all participants. See 3-6 for logo requirements.
- A headband is any item that goes around the entire head. If worn, only one headband is permitted, it must be worn on the forehead/crown, it must be nonabrasive and unadorned, and it must be a maximum of 2 inches.
- If worn, only one wristband is permitted on each wrist, each must be worn on the arm below the elbow, each must be moisture-absorbing, nonabrasive and unadorned, and each must be a maximum of 4 inches.
- Rubber, cloth or elastic bands may be used to control hair. Hard items, including, but not limited to, beads, barrettes and bobby pins, are prohibited.
- Head decorations and headwear, except those specified above, are prohibited.
One visible manufacturer's logo/trademark/reference or school logo/mascot is permitted on the wristbands, headband and compression shorts (3-5-3, 3-5-6).
The thin "rubberband like" headband is illegal because it has more than 1 logo/name.
All game balls used during regular season and state playoff contests must have the National Federation Stamp.
WTB0600-MISS (NCAA Wave)
WTB0601-MISS (NCAA Wave)