MISSISSIPPI HIGH SCHOOL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATION
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ACTIVITIES
To: Member School Principals and Athletic Administrators
From: Don Hinton, Executive Director
Re: Announcement of Position Vacancy (Assistant Director of Activities)
The Executive Director of the Mississippi High School Activities Association announces a vacancy for the position of Assistant Director of Activities. Interested parties should submit a letter of interest and resume to Lonnie Tillman, Associate Director of Activities at Mississippi High School Activities Association, P.O. Box 127, Clinton, MS 39060. Please include three references and the reference contact information. Resume’s to be received in the MHSAA office no later than Friday, February 17, 2018.
Job Description: The Assistant Director works closely with the Associate Director for Activities, MHSAA staff, educational administrators, athletic administrators and others to carry out state championship events and MHSAA programs.
Experience and Qualifications: The Assistant Director of Activities shall have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with an emphasis in education and/or administration on the high school or middle school level. Advanced degree and administrative experience at the high school level is preferred. Strong organizational, communication (verbal and written), attention to detail, and inter-personal skills are required. Knowledge and experience working with technology and computer software programs.
- Work with the Associate Director of Activities in meeting with activities liaisons, directors and activities committee’s officers
- Maintain student eligibility records for choral, band, cheer/dance, speech and debate
- Coordinate cheer and dance, provide training and staff development for cheer and dance coaches
- Organize MHSAA State Cheer and Dance Coaches Conference
- Coordinate awards for activities events with liaisons and officers
- Title IX coordinator for MHSAA
- Assist Associate Director with sports of archery and bowling
- Coordinate all MHSAA & NFHS Persons of the Year awards
- Assist Associate Director with approval and filing of all paraprofessional coaches and requests
- Assist in organizing state activities and athletic events and any duties pertaining to state events
- Attend all state playoff games hosted by MHSAA
- Assist with proofreading documents, handbook, manuals for MHSAA
- Supervise the updating of MHSAA Record Book for all sports and activities each year
- Assist in packaging items for state events
- Order rule books for sports and activities
- Coordinates championship rosters for all game programs and communicates complete rosters to contracted merchandise vendors for printing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Director or Executive Director
Mississippi High School Activities Association offers an excellent benefits package, including competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
MHSAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Announcement Dates: January 19, 2018 – February 17, 2018
Closing Date on Job Announcement: Friday, February 17, 2018
Interviews will be conducted: Month of March
Starting Date: Availability of the candidate
Email job resume to email@example.com or mail to MHSAA, Attention: Lonnie Tillman, P.O. Box 127, Clinton, MS 39060.