More than 200 athletic directors and school administrators attended the 20th Annual AD Conference in Biloxi last week.
The event included speakers Van Chancellor, Jim Keith, Anthony Hart, Derek Horne, Matt Abramson, Dr. Chuck Benigno, Chris Chism, Brian Parker and Dan Schuster as well as round-table discussions and a recognition luncheon to honor Hall of Fame inductees Dr. Ennis Proctor and N. Z. Bryant.
The MAAA was established in 1992 with the following goals:
- To promote the professional growth and image of interscholastic athletic administration
- To promote the development and prestige of the MAAA which will contribute, in cooperation with the MHSAA, to the interscholastic athletic programs of Mississippi
- To provide an efficient system for exchange of ideas between the MHSAA, MAAA, and the NIAAA and individual athletic administrators
- To preserve the educational nature of interscholastic athletics and the place of these programs in the curriculum of our schools
- To provide education programs for the membership.